Monday 29 September 2014

Inpsiration from music videos



INSPIRATION FROM MUSIC VIDEOS


One of my favourite music videos is the song “Stray Heart” by Green Day. It is a single taken from the album Dos and was recorded in 2012.
The video depicts a man flicking through records in a music shop and buying some Green Day records. He presents them to his girlfriend but she is horrified to see a hole in his body where his heart should be. He walks down the street and sees a trail of blood. He follows the trail and catches up with his heart outside the girl’s apartment.
I love this track as it shows the traditional punk rock style of Green Day blended with a garage rock style.
I would like to use this video as inspiration for my own work as I really like the narrative style and the way it interprets the lyrics of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment